Course Name: ITIL Service Lifecycle – Service Strategy
Certification: The ITIL Intermediate Service Lifecycle – Service Strategy Certificate
Duration: 24 Hours (3 Days)
Module 1: Introduction to service strategy
- The purpose, goals and objectives of service strategy
- The scope of service strategy
- The value to the business
- The context of service strategy in relation to all other lifecycle stages.
Module 2: Service strategy principles
- The ability to decide on a service strategy
- How to utilize the four P’s of service strategy
- How to define services, create value and leverage the combined use of utility and warranty
- How to use service economics and sourcing strategies when meeting business outcomes.
Module 3: Service strategy processes
- The management level concepts for the five service strategy processes and how they flow and integrate with the lifecycle
- The purpose, scope and objectives of each service strategy process and how they link to value for the business.
Module 4: Governance
- The ability to analyse IT governance and use it to set strategy by leveraging governance frameworks, bodies.
Module 5: Organizing for service strategy
- The ability to create an organizational design using the relevant development and departmental methods.
Module 6: Technology considerations
- Understand the relevance and opportunities for service automation and the importance and application of technology interfaces across the lifecycle.
Module 7: Implementing service strategy
- Develop implementation strategies that follow a lifecycle approach (e.g. design, transition, operation and improvement, programmes).
Module 8: Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- The ability to provide insight and guidance for strategic challenges, risks and critical success factors.